Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Announcement: Full-RBF Miner Bounty

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 13:16:13 -0500

On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 05:26:27AM -0400, Peter Todd via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> I'm now running a full-RBf bounty program for miners.
> 
> tl;dr: I'm broadcasting full-RBF replacements paying extremely high fees to
> reward miners that turn on full-RBF. I'm starting small, just ~$100/block in
> times of congestion.

FYI I've gotten a few hundred dollars worth of donations to this effort, and
have raised the reward to about 0.02 BTC, or $400 USD at current prices.

To be clear, this doesn't mean there will always be a $400 fee tx in the
full-rbf mempool. I have to take a number of precautions to avoid the
double-spend tx being mined by accident, such as only spending txouts with >2
confirmations, and waiting significant amounts of time before the 1st
transaction is sent to allow for maximal propagation.

> If you'd like to donate to this effort, send BTC to
> bc1qagmufdn6rf80kj3faw4d0pnhxyr47sevp3nj9m

-- 
https://petertodd.org 'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org