Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Taproot Assets on Mainnet: Announcing tapd v0.3.0-alpha

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 22:02:42 +0000

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 01:20:03PM -0700, Olaoluwa Osuntokun via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> A technical specification for the Universe/Multiverse protocol can be found
> here in the BIP:
> https://github.com/Roasbeef/bips/blob/bip-tap-pr/bip-tap-universe.mediawiki.
> 
> At a high level, a Universe server is used by clients to verify new asset
> issuance, archive off-chain transaction data, and transmit proof information
> for transfers. A Universe data structure is an authenticated merkle-sum
> sparse merkle tree that maps an `(outpoint, scriptKey)` tuple to proof data.
> A `scriptKey` is the protocol's version of the pkScript/scriptPubkey we all
> know and love today.

Looks like you're missing a citation to my scalable asset transfer work from
2017:

https://petertodd.org/2017/scalable-single-use-seal-asset-transfer

The key concepts in universes is very similar.

-- 
https://petertodd.org 'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org