Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Full-RBF Peering Bitcoin Core v25.1 Released

From: Peter Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 22:20:21 +0000

Available from: https://github.com/petertodd/bitcoin/tree/full-rbf-v25.1

eg:

    git clone -b full-rbf-v25.1 https://github.com/petertodd/bitcoin.git

What is this? It's Bitcoin Core v25.1, with Antoine Riard's full-rbf peering
code, and some additional minor updates to it. This does two things for
full-rbf nodes:

1) Advertises a FULL_RBF service bit when mempoolfullrbf=1 is set.
2) Connects to four additional FULL_RBF peers.

Doing this ensures that a core group of nodes are reliably propagating full-rbf
replacements. We don't need everyone to run this. But it'd be helpful if more
people did.

As for why you should run full-rbf, see my blog post:

https://petertodd.org/2023/why-you-should-run-mempoolfullrbf

At the moment, ≥31% of hash power, ≥4 pools, are mining full-RBF:

https://petertodd.org/2023/fullrbf-testing

We even have hats! :D

https://twitter.com/peterktodd/status/1659996011086110720/photo/1

-- 
https://petertodd.org 'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org