Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] [softfork proposal] Strict DER signatures

From: Wladimir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 07:24:06 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:14 AM, Pieter Wuille <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 8:35 PM, Pieter Wuille <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> I therefore propose a softfork to make non-DER signatures illegal
>>> (they've been non-standard since v0.8.0). A draft BIP text can be
>>> found on:
>>>
>>>     https://gist.github.com/sipa/5d12c343746dad376c80
>>
>> I'd like to request a BIP number for this.
>
> Sure. BIP0066. There was also some feedback on Bitcointalk, which I
> think you've addressed

Progress information for the list: there is now a pull request
implementing the strict DER verification behavior, as well as the
deployment specified in BIP66 for Bitcoin Core. It needs
your review and testing:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/5713

Wladimir