Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Ordinal Inscription Size Limits

From: Aymeric Vitte <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 17:47:46 +0100

I saw the other posts, then storage in witness, no, ordinals no for now,
let's keep things simple and understandable

I forgot to mention that the proposals envision a "local bitcoin" (for a
metaverse for example) wich is a fork of Bitcoin code, but of course not
a fork of Bitcoin, and which of course does not store anything in the
main Bitcoin chain, but which remains compatible (tx format) and coins
between chains can be swapped

Maybe nobody care, but the idea is to put bitcoin into the party as an
alternative to this ethereum mess

Le 27/01/2023 à 16:43, Aymeric Vitte a écrit :
>
> Le 27/01/2023 à 14:21, Andrew Poelstra via bitcoin-dev a écrit :
>> if people were storing NFTs and other crap on the
>> chain, then the Bitcoin fee market would become entangled with random
>> pump&dump markets
> So you mean that Bitcoin is out for NFTs, Metaverse and "web3"?
>
> LN is good but I don't think it can really adapt to everything, what I
> proposed yesterday looks complementary
>
> I clearly dislike the current NFTs existing systems, and to make it
> short NFTs as a whole until recently, it depends on what people mean by
> "NFT", and I did dislike any solution based on OP_RETURN (shxtty stuff
> flooding bitcoin with stupid proofs of nothing)
>
> BUT I changed my mind, one can say that I am contradicting myself
> everywhere (links in the proposals), but no, explaining why in the proposals
>
> Note that in my proposals you don't need to "mint" the NFTs (using a
> third party but not a stupid ethereum/bitcoin like super sidechain) and
> that you can reference millions of them in one transaction (low value
> NFTs like loyalty programms, discount coupons) in that case of course
> the low value NFTs are centralized
>
> That's the future, Bitcoin being out of this does not look plausible,
> currently NOBODY envisions bitcoin or LN for a web3 system, so people
> here might destroy my proposals, then please do, but I find them quite
> good compared to whatever exist
>
>  
>

-- 
Sophia-Antipolis, France
CV: https://www.peersm.com/CVAV.pdf
LinkedIn: https://fr.linkedin.com/in/aymeric-vitte-05855b26
GitHub : https://www.github.com/Ayms
A Universal Coin Swap system based on Bitcoin: https://gist.github.com/Ayms/029125db2583e1cf9c3209769eb2cdd7
A bitcoin NFT system: https://gist.github.com/Ayms/01dbfebf219965054b4a3beed1bfeba7
Move your coins by yourself (browser version): https://peersm.com/wallet
Bitcoin transactions made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions
torrent-live: https://github.com/Ayms/torrent-live
node-Tor : https://www.github.com/Ayms/node-Tor
Anti-spies and private torrents, dynamic blocklist: http://torrent-live.peersm.com
Peersm : http://www.peersm.com