Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Boost Bitcoin circulation, Million Transactions Per Second with stronger privacy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 23:29:59 -0700

Hi ZmnSCPxj,

Why you get the signal “trust the Gazin wallet”?
Sabu is a protocol and the Gazin wallet will be an implementation of
that protocol. We will implement it in react-native language to support
both Android and iPhone. Of course it will be open source and GPL3.  
Here is the repository and yet is empty :)
https://github.com/raymaot/Gazin 

I wonder why you do not look carefully into the proposal! IMHO the Sabu
will be far better than Lightning. 
Can’t you see the fact that in Sabu you do not need open and close
channels ever? Can you imagine only this feature how dramatically
decrease the transactions cost and how increase the distribution of
nodes and improve privacy level? it makes every mobile wallet act like a
lightning network.
Did you note the fact that in Sabu protocol there is no routing? And the
only people knew about a transaction are issuer and creditor? No one
else won’t be aware of transactions and million transactions per second
can be sent and received and repeal dynamically without any footprint on
any DLT?

The English is not my mother language and probably my paper is not a
smooth and easy to read paper, but these are not good excuse to not even
reading a technical paper carefully and before understanding it or at
least trying to understanding it start to complaining. 

> All the benefits your scheme claims, are derived from the trust assumption
No, All the benefits my scheme claims, are derived from economically
rational decision of both issuer and creditors. 

Regards
Raymo

On 2021-06-28 05:20, ZmnSCPxj wrote:
> Good morning Raymo,
> 
>>
>> It looks you already missed the entire design of Sabu and its
>> restrictions. First of all, the Gazin wallet always controls the Sabu
>> restrictions for every transaction in order to consider it as a valid
>> transaction in a valid deal. That is, the creditor wallet controls the
>> MT and GT in first place.
> 
> Stop right there.
> 
> From the above, what I get is, "trust the Gazin wallet".
> Thus, the suggestion to just use Coinbase.
> At least it has existed longer and has more current users that trust
> it, rather than this Gazin thing.
> 
> 
> Is Gazin open-source?
> 
> * If Gazin is open-source, I could download the source code, make a
> local copy that gives me a separate copy of the keys, and use the keys
> to sign any transaction I want.
> * If Gazin is not open-source, then why should I trust the Gazin
> wallet until my incoming funds to an open-source wallet I control have
> been confirmed deeply?
> 
> Lightning is still superior because:
> 
> * It can be open-sourced completely and even though I have keys to my
> onchain funds, I *still* cannot steal the funds of my counterparty.
> * Even if I connect my open-source node to a node with a closed-source
> implementation, I know I can rely on receives from that node without
> waiting for the transaction to be confirmed deeply.
> 
> 
> All the benefits your scheme claims, are derived from the trust
> assumption, which is uninteresting, we already have those, they are
> called custodial wallets.
> Lightning allows for non-custodiality while achieving high global TPS
> and low fees.
> And a central idea of Lightning is the requirement to use an n-of-n to
> form smaller sub-moneys from the global money.
> 
> Regards,
> ZmnSCPxj