Subject: [bitcoindev] Re: Updated BIP for OP_CAT

From: Ali Sherief <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 09:09:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ethan,

Very good to see your OP_CAT design is now on the mailing list.

Inside the BIP text, you mention that a sufficiently large OP_CAT script 
can "support tree signatures with a thousand public keys." I think it would 
be more useful to put the theoretical limit there, as it is buried along 
with the rest of the data on tree signatures inside the reference link to 
Blockstream's web page, which could go stale for whatever reason.

On a further note, if there are enough practical uses for tree signatures, 
we could make it into a fully fledged BIP too, instead of just something 
cool that would make the Stacker News front page.

- Ali

On Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at 7:21:22 PM UTC Ethan Heilman wrote:

Hi everyone,

We've recently made a number of updates to the OP_CAT BIP proposal 
including adding a rationale section, an expanded backwards compatibility 
section and an updated reference implementation.

It can be found as a PR to the bitcoin/bips repo here: 
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1525
or as BINANA BIN-2024-0001: 
https://github.com/bitcoin-inquisition/binana/blob/master/2024/BIN-2024-0001.md

Thanks,
Ethan

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/c32da32a-e950-4f76-b8b3-8206894cc836n%40googlegroups.com.