Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Proposal: MultiBit as default desktop client on bitcoin.org

From: Nick Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 10:32:21 -0500

What about something like Cloudflare? Transparent to most and it'd help with your bandwidth issues.

Mike Hearn <[email-masked]> wrote:
>That's true - we could serve new users off our own servers and auto
>updates
>off SF.net mirrors, potentially.
>
>
>On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Daniel F <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> on 07/09/2013 10:28 AM Mike Hearn said the following:
>> > SourceForge has a horrible UI and blocks some countries. It also
>exposes
>> > us to a large and potentially hackable mirror network. Whilst we're
>not
>> > bandwidth constrained on our own servers, let's try and keep using
>them.
>>
>> the point was just that "if need be" free capacity is available
>without
>> having to throw money at it. until there's no need, doesn't matter.
>>
>> also hackability (and ui) should be irrelevant for the autoupdate
>> process (which i presume will do all kinds of checksum and sig
>> verification). and it's likely the autoupdates that will create very
>> lumpy download demand.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> See everything from the browser to the database with AppDynamics
>> Get end-to-end visibility with application monitoring from
>AppDynamics
>> Isolate bottlenecks and diagnose root cause in seconds.
>> Start your free trial of AppDynamics Pro today!
>>
>http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=48808831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
>> _______________________________________________
>> Bitcoin-development mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitcoin-development
>>
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>See everything from the browser to the database with AppDynamics
>Get end-to-end visibility with application monitoring from AppDynamics
>Isolate bottlenecks and diagnose root cause in seconds.
>Start your free trial of AppDynamics Pro today!
>http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=48808831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>Bitcoin-development mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitcoin-development