Subject: Re: [bitcoindev] Re: Adding New BIP Editors

From: Ali Sherief <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 21:28:43 -0700 (PDT)

Very good and hopefully this makes the BIPs repository more active.

I just have one suggestion though. Considering the backlog of BIP 
modification PRs on github, It is quite inconvenient to hold a discussion 
about one when there aren't other participants, particularly for the pull 
requests that are several months old. Perhaps the new editors could also 
facilitate clearing the backlog by means of discussion on these old pull 
requests? I don't see anyone else participating in the evaluation process 
for them except maybe the BIP author(s), but it takes more than one person 
to hold a discussion.

-Ali

On Saturday, April 20, 2024 at 7:30:35 PM UTC Ava Chow wrote:

Since we're now past the deadline of April 19th, I'd like to inform 
everyone of what will happen on Monday. 

There has not been any actual objections to the nominees nor have there 
been any suggestions on choosing a subset of them since my last email. 
As such, there is rough consensus on adding Kanzure, Murch, Jonatack, 
Ruben, and Roasbeef as BIP editors, and they will be added on Monday 
April 22nd. 

Ava

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/ef695e8b-4f84-4a7b-988e-34be5b47a1d7n%40googlegroups.com.