Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Proposed minor change to BIP 01 to use a PR for request assignment

From: "Eric Lombrozo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 18:41:52 +0000

I think it's a reasonable approach. Once the number is assigned, the 
change is made and the pull request is updated.

Only thing is it would be nice to be able to indicate which pull 
requests are number requests and which pull requests are ready for 
merging. Perhaps we should make a special label for number requests.

- Eric

------ Original Message ------
From: "Gregory Maxwell via bitcoin-dev" 
<[email-masked]>
To: "Bitcoin Dev" <[email-masked]>
Sent: 9/3/2015 4:18:08 PM
Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Proposed minor change to BIP 01 to use a PR for 
request assignment

>The process in BIP01 was written when we used a different solution for
>storing and presenting BIPs.
>
>I'm thinking of suggesting that the number request process be changed
>to opening a pull req with BIP text with no number (e.g. just using
>the authors name and an index as the number) as the mechenism to
>request number assignment.
>
>Is there any reason that anyone would find this objectionable?
>
>(Please do not respond to this message with anything but a strictly
>directed answer to that question, start a new thread for a different
>subject. Thanks!)
>_______________________________________________
>bitcoin-dev mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev