Subject: Re: [bitcoindev] P2QRH / BIP-360 Update

From: Hunter Beast <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2025 13:00:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Jonas

In order to spend the coins, a valid signature will need to be present in 
the attestation. Even if it's a 1/1024 multisig, a valid public key 
signature pair will need to be provided. The merkle path would then be how 
the arbitrary data could be encoded. In my mind this is a highly 
impractical scenario that gets exponentially more complex, and only works 
32 bytes at a time.

Does that make sense?

Hunter

On Wednesday, February 26, 2025 at 3:00:36 AM UTC-7 Jonas Nick wrote:

> > it would require an extraordinary amount of computation to wind up with 
> enough
> > to store arbitrary data.
>
> I have no idea why this would require extraordinary amount of computation. 
> In
> the example I provided, arbitrary data can be included in the attestation
> structure with zero additional computational cost, no elliptic curve 
> grinding or
> hash collisions required.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/fac67bec-cbf3-4e49-b73d-f8057adca0aan%40googlegroups.com.