Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] DNS seeds unstable

From: Andreas Schildbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 14:39:25 +0200

On 05/17/2014 02:02 PM, Alex Kotenko wrote:

> So, my understanding is that atm we have no working DNS seeds at the
> testnet3, right? There are two DNS seeds known, of which one is
> unreachable atm, and another one is giving just one IP address, which is
> also a dead node. 

Yes, that's my understanding too.

> If I'll start a DNS seed of my own and make sure it works well, will
> this help? 

Yes, definately.

> I've found this DNS seeder daemon
> <https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin-seeder>, and it seems to be exactly
> what I need to run a DNS seeder myself. 

Afaik this is what most of the other seeds are using, yes.

> So if my understanding is correct, I'll setup a DNS seeds for mainnet
> and for testnet at bitcoin-seed.alexykot.me
> <http://bitcoin-seed.alexykot.me> and testnet-seed.alexykot.me
> <http://testnet-seed.alexykot.me>, and also a well connected nodes for
> mainnet and testnet on the same server. 
> Is this a good plan? Will this all help?

Sound great! Let me know if you've got something to test.