Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] F2Pool has enabled full replace-by-fee

From: Lawrence Nahum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:16:23 +0000 (UTC)

Chun Wang <1240902 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello. We recognize the problem. We will switch to FSS RBF soon. Thanks.

FSS RBF is better than no RBF but we think it is better to use full RBF.

We think Full RBF is better for a number of reasons:

-user experience
-efficiency
-cost
-code complexity

We think FSS RBF is  great progress but ultimately less efficient and more 
complicated to keep alive something that never worked properly.

And why would miner pick the option paying less when other miners run the 
option paying more? It may be soon more than 1-5% of block reward.

A lot of users don't have multiple UTXO handy.

Full RBF is the best, second FSS RBF and we'd be looking into supporting 
them both separately so that miners and users can pick whichever they 
prefer.

If users only had one UTXO it makes sense to use Full RBF since there are no 
other options.

Disclosure: GreenAddress always believed zero conf transactions are not 
secure and that miners have the incentive to run FBF; this bias doesn't make 
the above less true